Authorized Dealer for all Innovate Products
Call for products not shown on the website
LM-1: Digital Air/Fuel Ratio Meter
The LM-1 is the industry's first and best complete wideband tuning system. A single self-contained unit combines a wideband air/fuel ratio sensor controller, a 6-channel data logger, and an easy-to-read backlit LCD display. This is the unit used by tuners, racers, and engine builders the world over.
Tuning an engine for maximum power previously required long trial-and-error sessions on a dynamometer. With the LM-1, precise AFR measurement allows the user to correctly adjust many variables- including carburetor jetting, fuel injection, turbo fuel curves, etc.- without long and expensive dyno sessions. The meterís digital signal processing technology provides data on exactly how rich or lean an engine is running at any load. The LM-1ís self-calibrating circuitry also compensates for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition.
- World's only fully-digital wideband controller.
- Up to 6 Channels of data logging.
- Portable/ Handheld.
- Display both A/F and Lambda readings in real-time.
- Auto calibration to compensate for changes in temperature, altitude, and sensor condition.
- Two user configurable analog outputs.
- LogWorks - award winning tuning software.
The instrument can sample and store 6 channels of data- air-fuel-ratio and up to 5 other sensor data channels- internally in operation for later analysis on a personal computer. At a sampling rate of 12 samples/second the instrument can store up to 44 minutes worth of data in non-volatile memory. The data can be downloaded to a personal computer using a standard serial port and viewed/analyzed by the included LogWorks software or any standard spreadsheet program:
The LM-1 also features two analog outputs to connect to analog gauges, dyno computers, ECUs, piggyback controllers, and other devices with analog inputs. Analog output 1 comes setup from the factory ready for narrowband simulation; analog output 2 is configured as 1 volt = 10 AFR (.6 lambda) and 2 volts = 20 AFR (1.3 lambda). With the provided LM Programmer software these analog outputs may also be configured by the user.
The LM-1 is available in various kit configurations:
1) The Basic Kit ($349) includes the LM-1 meter, a Bosch wide-band oxygen sensor, 10 ft sensor cable, cigarette-lighter power adapter, serial cable for PC connection, 9V battery, exhaust bung and plug, CD and quick-start guide.
2) The RPM Kit ($429) is comprised of the basic kit plus the LMA-2 (RPM Converter.) This cable contains a circuit to convert a tach signal into an analog RPM signal that can be logged by the LM-1. This cable also has 4 additional terminal screws to tap into and log other 0-5 V analog sensors from your vehicle.
3) The AuxBox Kit ($589) is comprised of the basic kit plus the LMA-3 (AuxBox) input Expander Cable. The AuxBox will give you the choice of picking sensors existing from the vehicle or use the 5 internal sensors. The five internal sensors are: RPM conversion (from a tach signal or inductive clamp), Manifold Air Pressure (MAP or Boost), Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) or Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT), Acceleration, and Injector Duty Cycle (Dwell).
Installation and Setup
Installation of the LM-1 is relatively simple. Complete documentation is supplied, and the support pages, user forum, videos, application notes and tuner resources can also speed you on your way to effective tuning. Innovate also has a great network of local dealers, tuners, race shops, and dyno shops that can assist you in choosing, installing, and getting the most out of your Innovate products.
Business hours are weekdays, 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
POBOX 310622 Enterprise AL 36331